- Arlington Coal & Lumber Company offers the finest selection of high-quality moulding products backed by industry-leading knowledge and service. Whether you're a local homebuilder, project contractor, or do-it-yourselfer looking for premium moulding supplies, Arlcoal.com is the place to go. We have welcoming locations across Arlington Coal and Lumber Company, Burlington Lumber Company, Wilmington Builders Supply, Sudbury Lumber Company, Chelmsford Lumber Company, and Hudson Lumber Company, making us your greatest partner in bringing your dream project to life.
Moulding is a decorative element used in construction and woodworking to enhance a space's attractiveness. It is typically made of wood or composite materials and is often used to conceal gaps, cover transitions between surfaces, and add architectural elements to doors, windows, walls, and ceilings.
Let's explore the popular moulding products offered at Arlcoal.com:
- MDF Moulding: Made from medium-density fiberboard, a high-quality engineered wood product that is resistant to warping, shrinking, and cracking, making it suitable for various climates. It offers a smooth and consistent surface, ideal for painting to achieve a flawless finish.
- PFJ Pine Moulding (Primed Finger Joint Pine): Crafted from finger-jointed pine, where shorter pieces of wood are joined together to form longer boards. It comes pre-primed and ready for painting, saving time and effort during installation. Combining the beauty of pine with the advantages of finger-joint technology, it provides added stability.
- Pine Moulding: Made from solid pine wood, known for its natural charm and warm appearance. It's ideal for staining, showcasing the wood's grain pattern and creating a rustic or traditional ambiance. Highly versatile, it's available in various profiles to suit different design preferences.
- Poplar Moulding: Made from poplar hardwood, a durable and smooth-textured wood species that accepts paints and stains exceptionally well, allowing for endless design possibilities. It's a popular choice for painted mouldings, giving a classic and timeless appeal to interiors.
The most used types of moulding are:
- Crown Moulding: Adds a graceful transition between the wall and ceiling, giving rooms a more polished and sophisticated look.
- Baseboard Moulding: Conceals the joint between the wall and floor, protecting the wall from scuffs and providing a neat finish.
- Casing: Frames doors, windows, and archways, elevating their appearance and creating a seamless transition from wall to opening.
- Chair Rail Moulding: Serves as a functional element that protects walls from chair backs while adding a decorative touch.
- Panel Moulding: Creates elegant wall panels, adding depth and visual interest to plain walls.